taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Friday, April 14, 2006

VERY Good Friday....



Of course I did not take this picture, but it is one that made me smile. This nun must certainly know that Jesus died to save her from certain death....why else would she be dancing? Amazing that we call today "good" when at the time of Jesus' life on earth, "today" was a day of mourning.....little did they know at that time that He would rise again three days later to reveal His power and glory.....His forgiveness and grace. What an incredible gift.

Today was a very good day for Tim and I, too. We brought two of our kids to our church's Good Friday service and surprisingly, they were pretty well-behaved. When it came time for Communion (the breaking of bread and sharing of wine or "grape juice"in remembrance of Jesus' life and death), our little 4 year-old asked why he wasn't going to get some of the "food", too. I explained to him what Communion stood for and what kind of relationship with Jesus those who took Communion had. He said, "I want to have Jesus as my friend, too!!" What more could I ask for???? :) I told him that receiving Jesus meant that he believed Jesus died for him so that he could spend forever with Him in heaven and that when Jesus comes in, He changes us to be more and more like Himself....He fills us with peace and joy and walks with us through everything we go through! He comforts us when we are sad and teaches us how to love our sister :) and how to honor our mommy. Our four year-old smiled and said, "Will He be with me like my doggie that watches over me at night?" (He has a stuffed dog that he swears guards him at night so he's not scared!) I told him that Jesus was even better than that cuz Jesus never gets old! He never gets tired and He'll never wear out! He really liked that! We prayed together and his sister joined in after overhearing the conversation. We then took Communion together and even as we were leaving, our four year-old was repeating over and over again that Jesus was his new friend that would never ever leave him! What a VERY good Friday! God is good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

wow. Thanks so much for sharing this story. What an amazing God we serve that even a child with the smallest knowledge about what Jesus did for them could believe and spend eternity in paradise. This day is going to stay with those kids forever. Blessings abound. A VERY good Friday, indeed!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

When are you going to update your blog!? I visit there often to see more of your creative genius! Hope things are well! Happy Easter!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home