taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Working and Resting....

Greetings! Tim hates this picture, but there's something about it that invokes such peace to me. I love how water falls over a cliff....it has no control where it goes.....it just, well, flows....of course it flows in the direction of the current and the current has a lot to do with the way the land is shaped. But water also shapes the land creating deep ravines and waterfalls. Powerful...amazing. There's a sermon it that, I think.

This week has been one of hard work and deep rest. We were able to clean out ALL the closets, pack away the winter clothes and sort them, write some letters to bill collectors to tell them of our departure (it's kinda nice to know we won't have bills in this country collecting while we're gone!), schedule our travel clinic appointment, move lots of garage sale junk to the garage, spend quality time with our family, watch a good movie, hang with Naomi and help out with their packing, enjoy a meal with my dear friend, Emily. On Wednesday, I said my last goodbye to my BSF group and met two ladies from the Philippines who committed to pray for Tim and me...what a blessing...and a huge encouragement.....AND tomorrow we're tying up some loose ends with the Ministry of Children and Families, reprogramming computers, hanging with our girls and then we get to see Uncle Bob and Sylvia!

I have been so thankful for the Lord's peace this week. It's been a struggle to hold on to and there isn't a day that goes by that I have to lay down my expectations for Tim and myself and trust that what we accomplish in one day is all that God desires for us to accomplish.

It's easy for me to feel guilty that I didn't get enough done and I fight to stay positive....I know I am my own worst critic....time is getting short and I find that I get fixated on my own needs instead of the needs of others because there is sooooo much that needs to get done. It ticks me off. But I love it when the Lord takes me back to what is really important.....knowing Himself and tending to His purposes....thus, when I serve people, I feel the greatest joy. I don't want to lose that focus...

I think this week has been the most balanced I've felt in a long time. I've heard it said so many times that when we put God first, everything else seems to fit into place. Some weeks, though, I feel like I didn't accomplish what was needed even though I tried to put Him first.....and usually the Lord gently reminds me that those things needing to be accomplished weren't totally necessary afterall. It's so easy to get busy and no doubt it has been a busy week, but to experience a week of what appears to be 'balanced' is a HUGE blessing and I know it can only be the Lord's doing.

Be blessed and thank you for all your prayers. Please pray specifically for Tim as he is fighting a really crappy sinus cold....thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home