taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Sunday, March 25, 2007

More kids stuff........



Spring is TOTALLY here! All the bulbs that I planted in the fall have popped out and have been attacked by slugs. Ah yes, another reminder spring is here....slugs. Last night I went outside and found a whole family of them munching away on my tulip leaves. At least they were enjoying themselves. But alas, they 'succumbed' to my crushed egg shell and beer concoction. Too bad. :) Ya know, they don't have slugs in the Philippines!? They just have giant cockroaches! :)

We're definitely coming down to the wire here at our house. The kids at our group home are beginning to show some affection and emotion on the subject of us moving overseas. To be honest, it's been quite surprising. All of a sudden, our 14 year-old is wanting to help wherever she can....scrubbing floors, making beds, cooking! ....she just WANTS to help! Our 12 year-olds are wanting to 'hang out' more...they want to stay indoors and play board games rather than go on outings and such. We've been getting our share of hugs and kisses, too! Oh and the pictures! We're getting 'special' homemade pictures and drawings saying how wonderful we are almost daily! And then the pictures are followed by, "Can I have your GameCube when you guys move?" We have to laugh. And then there's the, "What are you going to do with all your Archie Comics and the Air Hockey Table?...Can I have them?" There is a method to their madness. :) I got convicted by that....sometimes I treat God the same way...."I'll be good and make you nice things to hang on your fridge if you'll give me just this one thing??..." Mmmmm. Yeah, right. Anyway.....

This weekend, my brother and sister-in-law are coming from Oregon with their two kids, Ben and Gracie! The last time we saw them was at Christmas...hence the pictures above....and yes, that's Grace waving a Canadian flag she received from Uncle Fuzz and Aunt B!

This is the very first time they've ever come to see us, so this is a momentous occasion! I was blessed by the kids' reaction to my family coming, too. Our three girls made welcome signs and hung balloons. We had a blast preparing for their arrival. The girls had seen so many pictures of my niece and nephew, they felt as though they knew them. What a joy to see them so eager to serve kids they'd never met!

Tim and I are coming to terms with the fact that this will be the one of the last times we'll see them. Once more in April and then again in June....then we're gone for a long time. We're gonna cherish this week.

Be blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send them home...I miss them.
Grandma

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home