taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sorry for the delay!







Greetings! I said last post that I'd share a bit about our time with my brother and his family, but I have to quick share some breaking news that I'll elaborate on in the next post!

My good friend, Naomi (who is also heading to the Philippines) just had her long-awaited baby boy! Tuesday, April 3rd at 6:05 pm, weighing 5 lbs. 10 oz., Jordan Levi Bjorgan was born in a home water birth. In perfect health and already nursing, Jordan is a testimony of God's great love and mercy. Naomi's labor was very short and all of her birthing desires were met. Her hubby even got to catch Jordan and cut the cord! Surrounded by doulas, midwives, and friends, this birth was well-supported and I was blessed to be a part of it. I'll share a photo or two next post.

As Easter is nearing, I can't help but be amazed at how great God's love is for us and how that love is shown daily.....not just at Easter. When my brother, Andy, and his wife, Ruth, arrived with my niece and nephew, I was filled with uncontrollable, giddy love for them....I wanted to eat them...or something...I just couldn't get enough of them even when they were misbehaving!.....

hence all the pictures. :) Tim was pretty "camera-happy" and the kids didn't mind getting their photos taken. In fact, my niece, Grace, posed for hundreds of pics and was slightly disappointed when the modeling session ended! Ahh, to be 3!

But I felt as though I'd experienced just a taste of God's giddy love for us....the kind of "agape" love that would do ANYTHING for us....even give up the life of His precious Son, Jesus. When Ben and Gracie were here, I felt their parents' love for them so strong that it brought me to tears....their discipline was consistent, their guidance unwavering and their encouragement to them was a blessing to witness. What Godly parents they are! Grace and Ben are seeing God's love for them everyday through their parents. What a blessing!

Grace was never short of entertaining songs and games....she always looked for one of us to include in her adventures. And Benjamin's disposition and character exuded such peace even when he wasn't feeling very good.We went to the Aquarium and a beluga even smiled at Tim! We got ice cream and went to Granville Island, but the true event was hanging out at our house enjoying conversation and playing goofy games.

Andy and Ruth were so laid back and flexible, too! Our time together was restful and seeing them brought me a lot of joy. It was painful, too as I can only count on one hand the times we have left to be with them. I never want to lose that connection and I am so thankful the Lord brought them.

I'll try to be more consistent with the postings....Be blessed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post and the pictures made me happy!
I'm so glad you had such a great time.
Orion says that you ooze personality. ;-)
I just think you're pretty great.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Love these pictures! I'm so glad you had a great time. The pictures of the kids (all you kids) makes me want all of you home with us this Easter. Happy Resurrection Day! Aren't you glad, it's because of Jesus being alive today that we have the joy of family and life...forever!! Praise the Lord, He is Risen!
I love you,
MOM

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home