taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Telemarketers are a blessing?

I had an interesting phone call the other day! I had been praying that God would continue to encourage and excite Tim and I in the coming journey and all the planning in the meantime.....and He did....again.

So the phone rang and I picked up....a 1-800 number. I sighed and felt prepared enough to chat with the telemarketer....selling Fido phones. Because Tim and I are leaving in September, we can't sign on to another cell phone plan, so I just listened to the lady's way cool accent.

After about 3 minutes, she reached a pause in her scripted offer and I said, "Hold on, hold on...can I ask a question?" She said, "uhhm...yeah." I asked, "Where are you from originally?"......silence.....

Then she said, "You mean, my nationality?"

I said, "Yeah, you have a great accent! Where are you from?"

Ya know what she said? She said, "I'm Filipina! Why?"

Oh let me tell ya!! From there we got into a long conversation about her life and she even taught me a few words in Tagalog...the native language of the Philippines. She was excited to hear what we'd be doing there and confirmed the need for midwives in the southern areas of the country. In the end I prayed for her that she would sell lots of phones and she laughed and said that she felt she'd already made her quota. God is funny. I think God had her phone my house just to bless me. God does that kind of stuff. He is sooo good and sooo faithful.

Is God showing you how much He loves you in obscure ways today!? Let me know! Thank you for commenting and many blessings!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"When God guides, He provides." It seems like He is providing confirmation that "He" is guiding you in this new adventure. I rejoice with you on "His" kiss on the forehead. He loves you deeply as do I. Dad

11:11 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Thanks, daddy. Love you. See you next week!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany, I have followed Tim's adventures in Photography and I'm wondering if he will be returning to his hobby. He was giving himself a tough time about his work and hasn't posted in so long it made me worry. I'd hate to see him give up. Do you know if he plans on picking it up again or has he just decided not to photoblog anymore. At any rate he is missed.

Laurie

4:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

2 Tim 2:13
If we give up on him, he does not give up - for there's no way he can be false to Himself.

How amazing and reassuring to hear that even when we wander from Him, He is still for us and not against us (not meaning that he supports us in any wrongful choices we might make, but rather that He still loves and cleanses us as fallen sinners of course). If this is true of the Lord when we go astray, how much more is He able to bless us (pouring out abundantly and extravagantly above any and all things we could have imagined) when we are obedient to Him and His purposes for our lives! He is always ready and excited to speak to us through any medium we will allow Him to communicate with us through - a certain telemarketer who "just happens" to be from the Philippines and was willing to share in your joy with you is a super cool touch!

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home