taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Big boat, little boat.....

I really like this picture....

Update on my doula job:
Still waiting on baby.....she's now very overdue and her mommy is really wanting to see her little girl OUTSIDE of her belly. We're still praying....maybe this evening?

One good thing about the little one being late is that I have been reading my textbooks to keep up with what is happening in my friends' body! In the last couple of days, her body has gone through some MAJOR adjustments and it is so humbling to see! God created our bodies so perfectly to bring forth new life on so many levels. Wow.

This weekend, we were sent an e-mail from a contact in the Philippines who is selling his car for $2500 (US) and was wanting to know if we wanted it. As of now, we do not have the money for the car.....we still need to raise our tuition money, too. But we are asking our family to pray with us that if this is God's way of providing us with transportation overseas, that He would also provide the funds to pay for it.

Our contact there has been such a blessing and has answered so many of our questions about life in Davao. We have been so grateful for his help and wisdom. So if you think of it, please say a prayer for Tim and me, that the money would come if this is our car and also for our contact, that the Lord would bless him and keep him safe as he and his family leave the Philippines in March.
Thanks!

In other news, we had a really good weekend....with plenty of confirmations that what we are heading into is far bigger than our imaginations....for example.....

Our friend, Marlies, who basically handed us the job we now work, is living in the UK (she's a kiwi..that is....a New Zealander) to raise money to ....get this... go to the SAME school and serve at the SAME clinic as me! She had no idea I was planning on the Philippines and I never knew her plans, either! And yet, God is once again, bringing us back together. I really believe we will be working together in the future in birthing centers.....AND

At church yesterday, I met Kirsten, a nurse and former midwife who just happened to be visiting our church one of the few Sundays I am able to go! I found out that it is her heart to open safe birthing centers for the poor, too, and she wants to get involved with Impact Nations to get things started! AAAAAACKKKKK! God is moving so fast, it's making my head spin!

I fully believe God is uniting us with our future teams that will go to India and Sub-Sahara Africa and minister the love of Christ by serving women and their children. God is faithful. His vision is so much bigger and better than my own. Reminds me again of the picture above from the Burrard Inlet.....BIG VISION, little dream....BIG GOD, little servant.....BIG PAPA BOAT, little baby dingy.

Be blessed and know that the dream God has placed in you is just a smidgen of His greater plan for your life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Bethany - I love the photo and the imagery in your writing is terrific as well. I am so blessed by the way your observations show me God in the everyday. Praying for you and Timmy both!

Love, N.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home