taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

And so we begin the moving dance!

Yes, this is the face I am making as we begin the moving dance.....AAACCCKKK! But I must say, within this face is great joy and great peace....

Thank you for all your prayers...it has truly made a GIGANTIC difference. Tim is feeling better and though the schedule is getting nutsy and everyday is filled, we are feeling at peace and gently grieving.....

Yesterday, a good friend of ours moved out some of her wall art that was hanging in our house for the last four years and with the bits of moving we've been doing along the way, the missing art made a HUGE dent in the appearance of our home and I began to feel the chill of closing up house. We still have three more groups of kids to tend to before our contract with the Ministry is up, but the house is getting more and more empty and the grieving is becoming more real.

But with every feeling of grief is a feeling of thankfulness and gratefulness. God is giving such grace to us these days.....I'll tell you what I mean....

Sunday night we had an incredible opportunity to meet with a lovely lady named Lois from Mercy Maternity Clinic in Davao City. She was here to be in a wedding and had a short stopover in Vancouver!

We met with her over some Butter Chicken and Indian Naan. She shared about her journey to the Philippines, what excites her about midwifery and the ministry, and what we are to expect upon arrival. We were so encouraged and for the first time, I felt completely at peace with our decision to follow God's call there. Tim and I were so excited to hear of the many opportunities to bless and show Christ to individuals in the clinic and in the surrounding villages. We learned that the beach is just a walk from where we'll be and that we can do medical outreaches to surrounding villages any time we want just by phoning one person! She shared that there is so much to be done and yet, there are times of really bonding with the other staff and the natives. The journey is becoming real.

Then yesterday, I had the opportunity to visit my dear friends, Rosemary and Stan, in Langley. The time was encouraging and they made a huge commitment to support and pray for us. We were humbled and once again struck by God's provision and constant confirmation of the calling.

I then went to my old university down the street from Rosemary and Stan's to change my alumni address as we're moving indefinitely and I ran into my old worship leader that taught me so much about the sovereignty and omnipotence of the Almighty God. He taught me a lot about honoring God, not just through worship, but through every part of life. We had such a good conversation and once again, I left encouraged.

Then I came home to pick up some stuff and head to a meeting and in the mail was a package from my dear Manitoba friend, Rebecca. Inside was a beautiful note and a CD filled with songs that brought me to tears remembering the incredible faithfulness of God. He has been so good. My spirit felt full yesterday.

With only three weeks until we move and seven weeks until we fly out, every moment spent with family or a friend is a treasure. With time running short, our finances are somewhat at the forefront of our minds. We did a tally last night of how much monthly support God has provided and it came out to $1220 (CAD)!! We only need $400 more monthly to get to our goal of $1400 (USD)! We have been planning and praying since October and God is working. AND, we need just $5000. more to meet our start-up cost goal! God is moving and we are so thankful.

AND...Tim is now getting a bit of work on the side taking family portraits before we go! He has two clients lined up and we're hoping that a few more will pop up before we go. Let us know if you're interested.

Thank you again for all of your prayers and we will need an extra dosage the next 7 weeks , so please continue to pray for God's grace and provision. He is so faithful.

Also, we're having our moving sale May 19 and 21 if any of you are around and wanna come check it out. Be blessed and again, thank you, thank you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Hey - pick a weekend and I'll come. We HAVE to get together before you leave!

Love you!

5:05 PM  
Blogger JennJo said...

So glad that you got to meet Lois!! She's great. :>
I totally hear ya on the excited, but grieving thing. I'm doing that as I begin to pack up the life I've lived here in Davao for the last 4 1/2 years. I'll be saying goodbye shortly before you arrive.
The moving dance is what this river of life is like...ever flowing, always changing, never stangnant, always alive. Enjoy! Praying for your needs to be met in amazing ways!

5:53 PM  
Blogger lo said...

I was so blessed and encouraged by meeting you two too! Can't wait till you join the family over here!
We are thinking of you as you transition into this new life... It is not easy, but comes with many blessings.
Enjoy to the fullest these last weeks! And watch in wonder as the Lord provides! (isn't it AMAzing how HE has already!! so great!)

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to ditto the others... now we're in the getting settled part. Looking forward to you guys coming. Got to see the clinic today for the first time. Was nice to finally see it for real. Love you guys and praying for you as you wrap it all up on that end. Don't worry, God will get you through! Jenn

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had that time with Lois in Vancouver airport and she could share with you her love for what she is doing and the wonderful ways God is working and using the ministry of Mercy. I have enjoyed reading your comments, Bethany, in Lois's blog. God bless you, fill you with His abounding joy, and help you in all the adjustments these next weeks will bring. I will be praying for you.
Dorothy, Lois's mom

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home