taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blowing in the wind.....


Greetings! This week has been so FULL! Some days I feel like my head might explode and then others days, I find that the pace is just right.

Thank you all for your comments.....they have been so encouraging and a breath of fresh air! Congrats, Jenn, on arriving safely to Davao...I can't wait to hear more! God is soooo good.

Yesterday, my dear sister-in-law came to visit with our nephew, Micah. She came to help out with moving junk and even donated some stuff to our garage sale! How cool! The time spent was so great. Despite Micah's desiring to be the center of the universe (he's just at that age and soooo cute, it's hard to abstain) the two of us made a BIG dent in the garage sale work load. I was blessed that she came and then my nurse buddy came over and helped me set up a giant Foreign First Aid bag for our journey! I now have all my midwifery supplies AND a really good first aid bag! My mom and dad will feel more at ease with that! :)

Ya know, Tim and I feel very much like one of those little seedlings hanging on to the dandelion pod pictured above. Tim took that photo while in Oregon last month and I think it perfectly represents where we've been and what's to happen next.

You see, for the last few years, we have grown and been apart of a large community blossoming together, learning about the heart of Jesus and slowly dying to self.....our group contains friends, family, church members and our surrounding community. We've grown together like a dandelion papus...growing and changing.....and the Holy Spirit has been grooming us to prepare for "take off". Just like the seedlings of the dandelion, we have turned inside out and the Lord has purified us....white like the dandelion papus. Did you know that the dandelion white puff is called the fruit? When the Lord purifies us, we bear fruit, too! That's so cool.....

But now, after being fed in the community of mentors, friends, and family in Christ, the wind is beginning to blow.....

I watched today as one of those dandelion seedlings, complete with white poofy fruit, sailed in the wind. Its take off point was in the backyard and I decided to follow it.....it flew, swirled, sailed higher and higher.....then it swooped and swiveled low, almost touching the ground. Then it flew over the fence into the front yard! I was impressed! What a journey for a tiny seedling!

That little seedling had no idea where it was going or where it would end up, but it continued to sail as the wind carried it. The wind stopped and it finally landed gently in the front lawn between two large blades of green grass.

For a brief moment, I could identify with the seedling....and now it was going to MASS PRODUCE in my nice green lawn.....that's when I prayed and asked God to make our arrival in the Philippines that of the journey of this dandelion seed so far from it's original pod, but carried by the wisdom, care and love of God.....landing ever so gently, ready to plant with a result of a MASS PRODUCTION of the love of Christ. I never cared much for dandelions, but am so grateful for God's provision of His Word put to the flight of the dandelion seedling.

Thank you for all your prayers and support, everyone. You are a blessing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are one of the truest most beautiful souls in shoes I have ever had the privilege to know. It breaks my heart to think of you going so far away, and it blesses my heart to know you are finally going on the adventure God has been preparing you for. His purposes are perfect. And even though I grieve for not making better use of my time with you on this continent, for not being a better friend to you, or taking more opportunity to soak up the wisdom and joy that the Spirit exudes from you, I delight that He is giving you the desires of your heart, and so much more than you dare dream of. You are a powerful tool in the hands of a mighty and loving God (and He gave you a wicked sense of humour-- which will keep you in good stead ;o). I just want to say, here and now, that I am blessed beyond measure to have you in my life, and to count you as friend. You are a rare treasure-- I thank God for you, and know he will use you to bless the nations.
Much love always

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home