taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Sunday, May 13, 2007

I'm tired!!



Greetings! Happy Mother's Day to all of you ladies both natural mothers and those mothering others!

We are at the tail end of our second to last work weekend. We had to say goodbye to six precious kids this weekend.....well, some of them are precious. :)

It's been an emotional couple of days and I can tell that the kids are dealing with loss in their own ways, too. Some are downright rude and edgy, while others are weepy and "huggy". It's all a part of tying up loose ends here.

Being it Mother's Day and all, I have to say a few words about my mom.....but first.....

This week Tim got to take his mom out to High Tea at the Secret Garden Tea House on Tuesday and I got take my dear Sylvia out to High Tea on Saturday! I took the picture above to show Tim the pretty flowers on the sugar cubes! :) He was jealous! :)

Saturday was such a blessing and eating the dainty goodies in my new dress that Sylvia and I sewed together made it extra special. I felt like such a lady (which doesn't happen very often) and the company was perfect. Having Sylvia as my surrogate mother and my friend meant so much to me. She is my dearest, dearest friend. She makes even the tedious task (like hemming my dress!) fun and adventurous! What a lady!

And I missed my mom. My momma is such an incredible woman of God...she's strong and yet, so compassionate.

She has such a desire to ease others' burdens and to bless them. She's wise, but doesn't flaunt the fact that she knows what the RIGHT decision is.

She has an amazing sense of humor and can laugh in the face of misfortune and deals with mistakes with such grace.

She is constantly desiring God and His best....she seeks to know Him better daily and strives to be like Him. She takes every thought captive and allows the Holy Spirit to penetrate every corner of her being. She stands as a beacon of light wherever she goes desiring for each person to see Christ in her so that they come to know His love.

She ministers peace with her contagious laugh and welcoming smile. She makes her home an oasis for rest in a desert. It is full of beauty and life.

She always hopes for the best and prays daily for her family. She speaks well of her hubby and loves to see him happy. She enjoys her time with him and is quick to point out when she sees in him the heart of Christ.

She loves to encourage, loves to build up and desires to empower people to walk in their destiny as overcomers in Christ. She patiently waits for her Saviour's return when He will say,

"Well done, good and faithful servant, my daughter Connie, my bride....come into your Saviour's rest, my dear."

I hope I get to be there when that happens.....

Be blessed and give your momma a BIG hug...parenting is a HARD job!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
You forgot that she(your mom)has a fantastic daughter who loves the Lord and is being used mightily to speak truth and wisdom into other's lives...including her own. Who is not just a daughter, but a counselor and friend as well...the very apple of her eye. You also didn't mention that she will cry buckets when you leave for the Philippines, and attempts to convince God it would be advantageous to keep you close to home because women need a midwife in the US or even Canada, too.
You didn't mention that her daughter makes her so proud and grateful to God for gifting her with such a beautiful woman of God.
Maybe you just overlooked that.

12:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bethany,
I finally got to your blog, and I'm so sorry I didn't get to it sooner. I agree that your Mom has a great daughter, and I think she must be a great Mom to have filled you so full of love and thoughtfulness and wisdom and courage. I have never had a friend as loving and giving as you.
So thank her for me, for sharing her precious daughter with me. I, too, will be crying buckets when you go away.

5:18 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

I am humbled....someday I want to be the person you two have described. Whew.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home