taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

the moods of millet....


Greetings! Thank you all for your prayers and comments this week! It has been a doozy, woozy week, but we're doing really great.

Tim took this photo and it reminds me of something I ate this week...I'll explain......

As I had said in last post.... Thursday I visited a naturopathic doctor out in Langley and on the way there I prayed that the Lord would speak to me clearly through the doctor and that His grace would cover me. To be perfectly honest, I was scared and excited all at once. For some reason, this visitation felt different than all the others. I took the "vega test" and while taking it, the clinician talked with me about some of my issues....the bloating, the PCOS, IBS, infertility and wonky periods. She shared story after story of people who discovered the parasites, food allergies, and difficulties their bodies were experiencing and through eating differently, felt better and their health issues disappeared. I was skeptical, but I had prayed that the Lord would reveal Himself, so I had some hope.

Then I found out all the food sensitivities I've acquired.....gluten, sugar, coffee, honey, citrus fruits, tropical fruits, all dairy products, turkey, pork, shellfish, eggs, wheat, barley, nuts, certain vegetables...etc. I can eat peaches, apricots, apples, avocados, spinach, eggplant, kidney beans, carrots, celery, asparagus, millet quinoa, brown rice, beef, lamb, salmon, chicken, coconut, and cashews. That's it! And I have parasites (big surprise) and an overwhelming amount of yeast causing weight gain, food sensitivities, fatigue, allergies and PCOS! I had no idea Candida could be so toxic! My liver is fried, too. The doctor said I had a lot to work on.

I remember having yeast infections as a little girl, but I just figured they'd go away....well, apparently, yeast has consumed my whole body and it cannot digest food properly as a result and getting on antibiotics makes it worse. So now I am on a strict no bread, no dairy, no sugar, no gluten, no caffeine nutrition plan. oooky. But I told the Lord that I would do whatever was required of me to make me healthy to serve Him more effectively.

Then I discovered the cost.....the money, the supplements, and the high cost of millet, quinoa, cashews, goat cheese and organic meat....I struggled with believing that God would provide for those needs. My dear sister-in-law offered to go to the store to get the items I could eat because we were so overwhelmed with getting the moving sale ready at our house.....she came back with the whacko hippie food and I started to experiment. Millet sucks.

I tried Millet with steamed spinach, then chopped carrots, cardamom, cinnamon, salt, plain, with garlic and herbs....millet sucks. Quinoa's worse. Goat cheese is yummy and lamb rocks. Now if only I could make Quinoa taste like lamb! Mmmm.

But God is bigger than my taste buds and He will give me the discipline, courage, and endurance to get healthy. Whew.

And you know- the Lord HAS been faithful. I made cookies for our moving sale with our dear 14 year-old on Thursday night and my favorite part has always been picking in the dough and eating the first cookie out of the oven. But I purposed in my heart that I wouldn't pick and God covered me.....He took away the cravings and the temptation. I was grateful. With His help, I will be healthy enough to give Tim babies, lose the weight that has frustrated me for over 10 years, serve the Lord wholeheartedly with every bit of energy I have in the Philippines, and I'll be strong enough to endure the hardships we're about to face.

Please pray that God will continue to provide for our finances (as this nutrition bit is somewhat out of our budget) and that He will give me strength to make hard decisions and choices in this process. Thank you so much for all your encouragement and support! Only 2 more weeks until we move outta the house!!!

Be blessed.

4 Comments:

Blogger midwife_dreamer said...

Hello!

My name is Shayla, I have been following your blog for a litte bit. Hopefully I will be attending Newlife this March! I will be finding out around Aug/Sept if I am accepted. I would love to talk with you sometime. I have a blog it's: www.xanga.com/midwife_dreamer
I will be praying for you! I hope we can keep in touch, after all we might be students together :-)

*Shayla

2:09 PM  
Blogger midwife_dreamer said...

Hello!

My name is Shayla, I have been following you blog for a little bit. Hopefully I will be attending Newlife this March! I will be finding out if I am accepted around Aug/Sept. I would love to talk with you sometime. I have a blog it's: www.xanga.com/midwife_dreamer
I will be praying for you!
I hope that we can keep in touch, after all we might be students together :-)

*Shayla

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I hope it's okay that I delurk, and say that you can contact me ANTYIME. If you want to talk or get suggestions re menu's or food ideas or even budgeting this crazy diet.

I've so been there, so don't get overwhelmed. It is so worth the effort - just to feel healthier is worth it, and everything else will just be a major bonus and blessing.

I could even share a bit more of my story, so you could know all of what's gone on with me, and my amazing journey to where I'm at today. It's definately of journey of hope and trust.

I'm so excited for you - this is a wonderful thing!

Oh! B & H have all my contact info....if you're interested.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa . . . this is huge! Here's hoping that things will start turning around. I've never tried millet, so I can't relate to that one, but it does sound like most of the food you get to eat is delicious.

I can't wait to see you.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home