taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Vision of my soul......



Last post I had shared that I was challenged to actually sit and write down the visions and dreams God had placed in my heart. My mom commented and said to give the "reader's digest" version.....considering I originally wrote 4 pages, I think I'll take her advice. :p I also thought I'd edit them as some of them are pretty personal...innermost me.

So I guess I should first explain the picture here....it's a page from my scrapbook of our trip to the Dominican Republic. We painted Dominican faces for hours with cheap "dollar store" face paints sweating in the humidity and probably smelling worse than the raw sewage in the street! I tell ya, though....this was one of the best times ever and just a foreshadow of what is to come. I could live there......YEAH!
I think the ultimate goal and aim of these dreams and visions is best described in 2 Corinthians 4:5-10, which says,

"For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness, made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body."

When He accomplishes His work in me and the dreams He's given me it is my hope that His light will shine through- bursting out of my darkness (of which there is a lot!!)......so, here's the "reader's digest" list, mom.....

1. I want to open homes for children where government cannot control the amount of love and care they can receive emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
2. I want to open free arts and trade schools for both children and adults in places where their current concern is limited to where and when they will get their next meal.....Iwant to have it already made for them!
3. I want to see impoverished families put back together and provided with lifetime supplies of nutrition and resources (ie. opportunities for education, water purification systems and the like)
4. I want to see houses filled with people sharing food and laughter praying for each other and enjoying the faithfulness and joy of Jesus.
5. I want to see Tim (my hubby-man) traveling from house to house training worship leaders through authentic relationships and "jam sessions" :P
6. I want to see my mom and dad released in their talents and giftings to come overseas (or wherever) and bless people without health issues or physical/financial concerns and maybe even work with me in the children's homes teaching and loving on all their "grandkids".
7. I want to see children writing their stories and experiences in their native languages bringing their family, friends, and their country's leaders into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
8. I want to have children that trust their daddy (Tim) and love people...with a desire to serve them, but love Jesus whole-heartedly first and foremost.
9. I want to bring people into the presence of God through worshipping with Tim and have a marriage that is a positive example for others.
10. I want to live on a farm where children and young adults can come and learn integrity, discipline and responsibility through hard work and authentic relationships.
11. I want to see children have compassion on each other...consistently caring for each others' needs with a strong faith in Christ.
12. I want to be a blessing and sense my Heavenly Father's delight in all of the above. :)

"Whew! Oh, God...use me! I suck ROYALLY, but I know with You, God....ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! You can even use me. That's my heart." By faith I write these visions down and by faith, they will happen! God is faithful.
1 Thessalonians 5:24 "The One who calls you is faithful and He will do it." Amen to that!!
Thanks for all the comments!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Great list. You forgot "whirled peas". Just kidding. I love your list. I love that you have dreams and visions. Reminds me that the Scripture says in last days old men would dream dreams and young men would have visions, and daughters would prophesy...or something like that. Don't have my Bible handy here at work. Anyhow, I'm sure God has a plan that includes a good portion of what you have listed. I'm excited about what He will do with and through you and Tim. He loves you.
Me too,
Mom

12:58 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Thank you for big and limitless dreams. Sometimes, now that I'm a "grown-up" and all (yeah right!) I forget what that looks like.

I love you, sister!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Thanks, guys. It is hard to consistently stand in a place of belief....
Heather...when are you going to update your blog! I want to know how you are!!!

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can totally identify with much of your list! But at my time of life, I think it has to be God's choice which part He will make happen through me. Maybe we'll get to work at the things we love - and do them right! - in heaven.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home