taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Waiting for miracles........


What a week! Last post I wrote a lot about the visions God has placed in my heart.....it was really hard for me to get the guts to write them down....and no sooner did I list them that I began to doubt their ability to become reality. Ah, the devil is a crafty one, eh?

But at church this morning, I was reminded once again of God's perfect blessings and His miracles in waiting.......The baby pictured is my niece born over two years ago, but it is very appropriate for what's been going on around here lately. We are (as I write) awaiting the arrival of ANOTHER baby into the family on Tim's side! We're gonna be Aunt B and Uncle Fuzz for the THIRD time!!! (I'm the favorite aunt...it's true!) Tim's brother and his wife are having their first baby today or tomorrow (we're in early labor stages right now) and the excitement is growing just as big as she is! She is a beautiful pregnant lady and no doubt that if the baby takes after her, he/she will be blessed! ;p

But the baby I want to talk about first is one year old today. He has ministered God's faithfulness to me more than any other person I know. He was born with cancerous brain tumors and growths. His parents were told the minute he was born that he could not survive the night. When he did, the doctors told them that he wouldn't survive the week....and then they did risky surgery. His white cell count dropped, his kidneys failed, his body was shutting down.....but he survived the week. Then the doctors said that he could not survive the month and they continued to do surgery on him to remove cancer and pumped his tiny body full of meds.....but this little guy wouldn't die. They burned his little feet with all the exploratory treatments and stuck tubes throughout his body. His parents and our church continued to pray for his recovery. The doctors weren't even hopeful....they said it was impossible that his frail baby body could withstand such heavy treatments. The brain tumors were just too big and they were destroying his motor functions.

His parents continued to pray that God would heal him and today I got to play with him at church.....he smiled and giggled lots. With a scar reaching from one end of his head to the other and a long feeding tube up through his nose, he smiles cancer-free, tumor-free and almost fully recovered! He has all his fingers and toes, his eyesight, hearing and he is a busy one, too! No kidding! No doubt he will have to go through therapies of all sorts throughout his life, but then again, God could take care of that, too!

That precious baby is a constant reminder to me that God's promises are not just there to get us to trust or have faith in Him...they are there to be accomplished...to be finished. As we wait for our new niece/nephew to arrive, it is a promise fulfilled and a sign of God's business in miracles. What He says, He will do.

Psalm 77:13-15
"Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. With your mighty arm you redeemed (and still REDEEM!) your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph."
Psalm 77:11-12 11
"I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds."

Stay tuned and I'll let you know the baby details as they come!!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

Just wanted you to know something!

unklrbrt

10:16 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

There is very little I know....what do YOU know?? :p

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I listened to a radio show this morning about the story of Hannah and Samuel. Reminded me of you and the miracle that we are praying for. I'm glad God is no respector of persons and that He never changes. Those are great scripture references, they blessed me alot.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home