taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Monday, November 27, 2006

American Thanksgiving......


Last week, Tim and I had the opportunity to visit my family in Oregon for American Thanksgiving! What a VERY busy week it was!
Here's a pic of Tim and I with our precious nephew, Benjamin.

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, Tim and I also were planning on meeting with the directors of the Newlife International School of Midwifery we're hoping to attend in September! So last Tuesday, we drove to Vancouver, Washington to finally introduce ourselves to the long-time directors of the Philippines-based school.

We had 3 1/2 hours with them! They shared how the school started, what their long-term vision was for their students, the realities of living on the mission field and how we can better prepare for the culture shock. They were real, concise and forthcoming.....they communicated to us the incredible costs of living in the third world....like the inevitability of diarrhea and sickness....the prevalence of poverty and the intense midwifery education program. And instead of a two-year program, it looks like it will end up being a four-year program! They didn't paint a pretty, fulfilling and easy road, but they were blunt and warned us that the next four years could not be endured without the power of God, a strong backbone, a humble spirit, and a teachable heart. FUN!

After all that, Tim and I were greatly encouraged. We know it won't be a Sunday School picnic, but we're excited to enter into our destiny with Christ. We are afraid, but not fearful....I don't think any amount of information or prep can prepare us for the journey, but we are praying for God's best and His will be done.

After our time with the directors, we raced to my parents house to call our partners in crime, Naomi and Chad. We both became cautiously excited and looked forward to coming home to Vancouver to chat some more....whew.

Then we went and babysat my niece and nephew! What a precious blessing they are! Baby Ben is 9 months and Gracie is almost 3! Time has just flown by!! Our time with my family was fantastic and I was thankful that I had a chance to spend some one-on-one time with my mom and my buddy, Alissa. They are such an encouragement to me!

Anyways, that's the latest update...thanks for reading and for praying, too! I will post again soon. And I pray that you will be encouraged this week to do the impossible in Jesus' Name!
Be blessed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Nice picture of you guys. Especially Ben. :) He looks so bewildered. We miss you already and look forward to Chritmas. See ya on the 23rd.
MOM

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bethany, glad to hear about you and Timmy's plan foir your future, I know with the help of the Lord all will be well and succesful no matter the obstacles.

Was really worried about Timmy, is he going to start blogging ever again or has he lost the passion for it? Holla back at me, hope you guys had a lovely thanksgiving.

Suby

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home