taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Tired, but deeply grateful....





Thank you all for commenting last post and sharing your heart with me. I was truly blessed by your encouragement. I am so humbled by God's faithful provision of friends and new acquaintances along this crazy journey!

The wee baby pictured above is Miranda Elizabeth, the baby from the birth I got to attend last Friday and Saturday. Both mom and baby are recovering from the traumatic experience and it looks like God is doing miracles! We've been praying oodles for this little one and she is a blessing and a gift. Thank you for all your prayers as they are clearly effective!

The other two pictures are of our new friends, the Germain family and of Jenn Germain, me and Naomi...the soon-to-be-midwives! All 7 kids and two adults came to our church Sunday morning and then over to our house for some pizza and fun. It was so great to hear their heart and how God has led them to Newlife School and to the Philippines. God has provided for their every need and they are excited to take their family on this exciting and life-long journey into their destiny. What a powerful family of God! Jennifer and her hubby, Joe, were so real and honest about their experiences and how God has prepared them for the many adventures they have flown into. Both Naomi and I were blessed to have one more connection to the calling God has placed on our lives. It was another confirmation of God's great ability to collect His own and bring them to a place of serving together and serving one another. He is so good at connecting us! I loved it. God is good.

Though the days have been tiresome, we are seeing an acceleration of God's plans. We got word from Impact Nation's team in India today, too! They are seeing an out pour of God's power through healings and salvations! Muslims coming to know the true love of Jesus Christ....the lame walking and deaf ears opened! God is connecting His children and uniting them all over the world because in the family of God, there is neither Jew nor Gentile....we are all the same....serving in the same mission....fighting the same battles....entering into the same destiny....bound for the same homeland....Heaven! I am looking forward to meeting my extended family in the Philippines! AND I am looking forward to inviting more into that family!

Galatians 3: 27-29 says, "for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

What a joy! Be blessed today and know that I am thankful to be in your family!

2 Comments:

Blogger lo said...

All the girls that were home just now when I opened your blog were excited to see pics of the three of you together, and Jenn's family! So exciting... we are looking forward to meeting you all=D!
I also just bought a tickets for my sis's wedding trip... and it looks like I will be in Van on the 28th of April in the late afternoon... I'll email you more on that later:D.
yeee.. God's so good!

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Congrats! I'm so proud of you!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home