taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Totally blessed.

Greetings, friends! I hope your week has been full of blessing and joy!

God has been so good to us. Last Friday, Tim and I sent a $9,000. (US) check to Mercy Maternity Clinic to pay for my first year of midwifery training! Since October, 2006, Tim and I have been saving and raising money for this trip.....the financial cost seemed to never end. But on Friday, we learned that we had saved and raised $11,000. (CDN) towards our journey! PRAISE GOD!

Not only that, but after paying tuition, we have enough leftover to pay for our missionary visas and our first month's rent! Though we are no longer receiving a paycheck, God has provided for our needs while here for the month of June, too! He is so faithful and once again reminding us that this journey is His will and His desire for us. Heavy.

This week, we've had some good friends come and help us with moving and cleaning the house, too. Today, Tim's buddies, Michael and Allon, moved some of our belongings (the ones we didn't sell) to Tim's parents' house to be stored until further notice. My buddies, Sarah and Kate, worked their bums off cleaning house. Then we headed to North Vancouver to try out some authentic Filipino food to thank them for all their gracious help!!! FUN!
http://www.boracaygrill.com/images/mix_food1a_292x300.jpg

Yes, it was REALLY authentic. I had to say g'bye to my nutrition plan from the naturopath as the whole meal was white rice, shellfish, fried fish, pork tummy, and fried ripe banana with ice cream.....there wasn't ANYTHING on the table that I could have besides the water! I better get used to that! :) It was pretty tasty...it will take some work to get used to it all, though!

But God used that time to bless me beyond belief. With our buddies beside us, we laughed and talked about the crazy adventures we might encounter and the waitress joined in telling us stories from her Filipino journeys. Then we found out that the waitress and the owners of the restaurant were Christians!!! We met a man named Raymond, who was overjoyed that we were going to HIS country to minister to HIS people and he excitedly asked if he could pray for us before we left the restaurant. We gladly accepted.

Raymond prayed the sweetest prayer of protection and grace....asking Jesus to fill us wherever we go and that the Lord would prepare our path. I cried. We were so refreshed by our gracious host. God was once again communicating to us that He is with us and will connect us with the right people....Divine Appointments no matter where we go.

Our hearts are overflowing with gratitude. I feel so small. So blessed. So humbled.

Thank you for all your prayers....things are moving so quickly and yet your prayers I know are being heard....just look at what God has done!

Be blessed!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a Good and Great God we serve!!!!
Bring some of that Philippino food home.
MOM

8:26 AM  
Blogger upandstuff said...

hey miss ya at curves. your mom misses you too. Saw her tonight, she said you started your schooling yeh! good luck on your adventures. Stephanie from Curves

9:33 PM  
Blogger upandstuff said...

hey miss ya at curves. your mom misses you too. Saw her tonight, she said you started your schooling yeh! good luck on your adventures. Stephanie from Curves

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home