taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A leap of faith....

I like little frogs....when we were on vacation last month, we hiked to a pond where thousands of little frogs scattered into the water as we came upon their territory. I caught a few.....this one is just about to make a getaway! Smart frog! To give you an idea as to how small this bugger was, that's my first finger he's sitting on!

There are tons of other vacation photos I could share, but it's the obscure ones that remind me of God's provision over our break from monotony.

Ever feel like God is asking you to take a leap of faith? Strangely enough, I am more comfortable with leaping by faith than my hubby, but sometimes I'm just needing adventure or change and it may not be exactly God's best. The irony is that I'm never bored....there's so much to do, but I seem to get antsy that what I am currently doing isn't valuable enough or not making a good enough impact on those around me....work, work, work. But there's God again....there to calm me and teaching me to recognize that everyday is a day that He has ordained...every one of my steps today is calculated and filtered through the loving fingers of God....your day, too! That's often hard to remember when painful things arise and routine sets in, but the truth remains. Psalm 139:1-3 shares that God even knows when we sit down or pick our toenails....He sees it all! See...

"O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know when I sit down and when I rise up; You understand my thought from afar. You scrutinize my path and my lying down, And are intimately acquainted with all my ways."

He's intimately acquainted! INTIMATELY.....ooooh....that's kinda scary.....makes me think of some of the things I'd rather not have Him see....He even understands my thoughts...and while I hate that, it is a blessing and a gift that there are times that I cannot utter a prayer because my heart is heavy, but God knows and understands the very thoughts and attitudes of my heart....He doesn't always need me to spell them out.....isn't God good? But He delights when I talk to Him and make it known that I am willing to let Him into all the areas of my heart....even though He knows them anyway...He just likes the invitation. And He wants to be invited into the black areas, too....He's good at sweeping out the gunk. AND He knows my innermost desire for adventure and a leap of faith. I wait on Him and His direction. Peace. "Even before there is a word on my tongue, Behold, O LORD, You know it all." Psalm 139:4

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I like this one too. Good application. Send more photos.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home