taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

We're home! Now what!?


As many of you know, Tim and I went on a 7-day journey to visit the north of British Columbia. Our final destination was the home of his brother, sister-in-law, and new baby girl, Justice.

What a beautiful country we live in! We had the opportunity to stay in a B&B on Timothy Lake the first two days of our journey....planning a vacation?? Check out Timothy Mountain B&B near Lac La Hache....the best B&B we've ever stayed in and lovely people, too! We canoed (hence the picture to your right that I took with Tim's camera from the canoe), roasted marshmallows, took walks in the garden, Tim took TONS of pictures....our own private lake.....ahhh....so great. Our hostess made sure that we had a warm fire every night along with hot tea and chocolate chip cookies. She was sooo gracious and you could tell that she and her hubby loved what they did. What was even more special is that she and her husband were fairly new Jesus followers and had their own take on the state of affairs in the world. Their heart for married couples and their desire to bless those they come into contact with really floored me. What an incredible ministry they have there in their quiet, peaceful home.

We really needed that time and I wish we could've stayed a few more days! Nothing like having someone else cook you breakfast, eh? And then there was Tim....ahhh. Peace. Some of the greatest rest we've had married in a long time. It was exactly what we needed to get through these next couple of weeks. I'll elaborate later......

God is so faithful to bring us to places where we can rest in His peace. His peace was so hard for me to find in the last couple of weeks at home, but going to that B&B rested my heart and mind to a place where I could accept His comfort, His peace, without interruption. It also gave me the drive to seek it more fervently when I got home! Oh, how I've missed His peace! And as soon as we left that B&B, satan was right there to try and take it away! But I am determined to keep it close....cherish it and seek it....when I find it, I find His presence and that's what keeps me ticking. Have you found His peace this week? Will it take going someplace quiet, special, and secluded to find it? I think it's time for another Timothy Mountain B&B visit!! I pray this for you today....Hebrews 13:20-21 "May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing His will, and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen."
Peace.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back Bethany, nice to see you and Timmy had loads of fun. I dodn't know why i seem to think I have seen this shot before, Oh well maybe it's just Suby loosing more grey cells in his young (old) age.

Love the composition and the perspective this shot allows the viewer to have. It is almost as if you are the one taking the picture.

Lovely,

You guys have a lovely weekend. Welcome back to the real world.

Suby

4:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I'm glad you are home and had such a wonderful time of rest. Boy, do we need it in this crazy world! Your photo gives us the feeling the canoe was alone on the river, drifting into the unknown. It renders a sense of peace though, not anxiety. This should be how we proceed into the unknown, but so seldom do. See if I can apply this to my life today, even just a little.;)
MOM

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany, no more posts from you? :( :( :(

8:43 AM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Hi, Suby! I usually post two to three times a week as Tim is the "computer-user" in this family. :) But I will try to post something on Thursday when some of the dust settles around here! Take care and thanks for visiting!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Thursday and the impatient Subster awaits another shot from Bethany :)

Suby

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home