taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

THE ZOO!.....


Last post I said I'd tell you a little bit about my visit to the Oregon Zoo....I went with my mom....just the two of us!
We saw all kinds of things not at all limited to the animals themselves....we saw parents with whiney children who were begging for things every parent should say "no" to....we saw teenagers on their first "alone" dates trying to act all cool when the elephant relieved himself in front of them! We saw kids with matching t-shirts following their camp leaders......We found that the zoo is a great place to observe people, too! And while my mom would not want me to share ALL the things we saw (as this is a public site and supposed to be safe for children), I will only tell you the appropriate aspects of our visit....animals tend to be a bit less modest in their physical affection towards each other..... if you get my drift......
I don't know what it was about the presence of my mom and I, but just about every animal we visited ended up relieving itself right in front of us (my mom prefers me not to write "pee" or "poo") ....almost like it had been waiting for us to come by...it was nuts! And ya know....everybody does it! There's no "heirarchy" among the animals in the zoo....the lions and elephants don't have a prettier toilet or bigger restroom than the baboons....it's all the same....they go where and when they feel like it......they have no embarrassment or fear of being watched while going....we saw a 'sun bear' puke up white stuff that looked like salt water taffy and then lick it up over and over again....and I can't even begin to tell you what we saw the otter do! The elephants, too! The seals? Yeah, them, too! Charles Darwin was ALL WET! What was he smoking when he thought up the "theory of evolution"??
All the while, my mom and I would laugh at the humor of God displayed in such nutsy animals and would make up conversations the animals were having with eachother with their quirky facial expressions as they lumbered around. It was great. Can you imagine Adam's job of having to name all those? Like "wombat"...how do you come up with a name like that? Or "gazelle"? Giraffe? Hippopotamus? Crazy!
And ya know what the best part of it all is? God created those animals for us! For us to enjoy them! To RULE over them! (See Genesis 1 :25-29) And that we did! Have you ever taken the time to really study and enjoy one of God's creations? Ever sit and watch a bird gather scraps for her nest or a bumblebee gather pollen from flower to flower? Ever go to the zoo and watch the elephants....I mean REALLY watch them? Take some time to sit in awe of God's creation and I guarantee it will make you look differently at God's most precious creation! YOU! We are His greatest treasure and yet, look at all the other pieces of creation He could choose from!
Be blessed, friends, and keep those comments coming!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

BETHANY,
Thanks for not going into too much detail. You are so funny!! lol!!! Tamara is laughing too. We did have a good time, eh? Let's do the airport next time you come. :]
I love you,
MOM

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bethany,

Glad you had such a great time in Oregano! god surely loves you - as do we!

sounds like your going to be busy over the next little while - hope you can block out some time for antsyl & unklrbrt.

As always, I enjoy reading about your "adventures" - I always read, but don't always write.

Looking forward to seeing you & timmybomb soon!

Love,

unklrbrt

1:23 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Thanks for the comments, guys. It blesses me! Mom...you crack me up. I like you.

Unklrbrt! Can't wait to see you and Auntie Syl! You are so special to me and Timmy, too! His birthday is almost here....I hope he likes his present!! Tee hee!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home