taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Christmastime is HERE!


Don't you love that Charlie Brown rendition of "Christmastime is Here...." with Vince Guaraldi? The kids always gag because I put in on 'repeat' in the morning. I love it.

God has been so good to us in the group home this year. We have three boys that we (miraculously) are allowed to bring to church on Sundays. These guys are a tough crowd, but have been on a journey of learning how to worship God both inside and outside the church. They have tried to be respectful and one even said, "Bethany, I wanna try and be good at church so that all the other parents will be jealous of you..."!

I laughed. They are beginning to set the example in Sunday School...both good and bad.

But this Sunday was extra special. The boys got to be in the children's Christmas play! They woke up early all ready to get out the door.....they ran to the church and gathered at the back room where they were supposed to....they waited in line as they filed on the stage in their shepherd costumes....they waved at Tim taking pictures and at me waving back.....they said their lines (which were, "ME", and "YOU"....you had to be there...they had the biggest part.)....then they quietly filed back into line and exited the stage! I was STUNNED! I almost felt like a REAL parent! They were sooooo good and soooo nervous....it was almost like they were NORMAL kids, too! What a joy to see!

To know that these boys have seen firsthand that our Saviour, Jesus, was born to save us from sin and death delights me more than I can say. They got to be the shepherds that witnessed His coming! I pray they never forget this precious Sunday when they were a part of the true meaning of Christmas. God is good.

Then we came home and they opened presents! This weekend was a gift.
Be blessed and keep those comments coming!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
Promise me you will blog when you are in the Phillipines! Your stories so bless me! How precious of your little guy to want the other parents jealous of you. You are parenting...and very well too.
I love you, will talk later.
Mom

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet?

No kids, but soon, it will be time for another one of Bethany's postings!

*Collective sigh of relief*

Are we there yet, are we there yet, are we there yet.....

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home