taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

"HEY! Turn up the heat, eh?!"

Good winter day to you all! Sooooo, it's SUPPOSED to be late February here...the flowers poke their heads up out of the dirt, the sun starts to peak through the clouds and the showers greet our morning coffee....right?

WRONG! It snowed again last night....and our furnace broke.

With our three girls huddled together in front of the fire, we had a weekend of SUGAR! Somehow copious amounts of hot chocolate can make even the furnace breaking a fantastic event!

So this morning, after a night of the chilling 13 degrees (C that is) INSIDE the house, we decided to skip breakfast at the table, drink some more hot chocolate and watch a movie in front of the fireplace. Good times. The furnace guy was supposed to be here at some point today, but for now, I will "chatter" my way through this post. :)

Speaking of 'heat'....I gotta tell you what my 'hottie' did for me for Valentine's Day! The pic above is what I made him....and a card....yeah, I'm lame, but my love likes cookies and chocolate...he's really easy going and hates Valentine's Day unless he is doing something creative for me. It's true! He loves being all sneaky and silly....I'll show you what I mean........

Valentine's Day was a busy day...we had meetings and such. But early in the afternoon, my Tim gave me a bouquet of beautiful tulips and inside was a note:
"I married a woman who's simply the best
She's a hundred times better than all of the rest.
She's kind and she's gentle, and she sure does look hot.
Oh, how I love her, I love her a lot.

But if she wants a present, then let me be blunt,
She'll have to search, yes, she'll have to hunt.
Might I suggest that she looks downstairs
I thought I saw something hiding down there." (next to this was a picture of one of the beds downstairs)

In side the bed was this:
"You couldn't have thought that you'd find it already,
Perhaps you should look near this fat yellow teddy." (next to this was a picture of Pooh Bear)

Inside Pooh Bear was this:
"The bear didn't have what you're looking for?
You'd better go search near the downstairs backdoor!" (next to this was a picture of the door)

In my shoe near the backdoor was this:
"If you put on your shoes and go out of the house,
The gift may be hiding in the garage with a mouse!" (next to this was a picture of our luggage stored in the garage)

In the luggage was this:
"Tonight at the Center, the show starts at eight.
It's a Nat King Cole Tribute, won't that be great?
But if we're going to go, we need to get dressed.
Can you go to the closet and pick out my best?" (yeah, a picture of the closet in our room and tickets to the show! I LOVE Nat King Cole!)

In the closet was this:
"I know what you're thinking, and there's no need to pout,
You'll need a scent that will please both our snouts.
Just look under the bed, and there you will find,
The perfume you wear that blows my mind! Be my Valentine!" (under the bed was my perfume that I ran out of months ago!)

More than the gifts was the presentation. Tim is such a blessing to me....he always puts his heart into serving me and it humbles me. I am in love. Thank you, Jesus for you perfect hubby for me. Be blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home