taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Friday, March 02, 2007

Some spaghetti, anyone?

Good day, everyone! This pic Tim took is of my nephew, Micah and his uncle Jeff. I think it's a great picture....Micah is certainly growing and his expressions at 6 months are hilarious. It makes me miss my nephew, Benjamin and my niece, Grace.

So we've been planning another spaghet-to-gether to raise awareness and support for our journey to the Philippines. We were asked to host another one after a bunch of people shared that they had wanted to come, but couldn't on Tuesday. So here we are, planning one for Wednesday night, March 14th. Those same people can't make this one, either, so we are debating on whether to cancel it or just go ahead with the little people we have....anyone wanna come? :)

The last one was fantastic and we had a lot of fun. I know God will bring the people He desires to be there. It's been a challenge, though. Please pray that God will provide the rest of our monthly support! Thanks.

Last post I had shared that Tim and I were getting tired of our job and struggling to keep up with "spinning all our plates". But I have to share an incredible joy God gave us this week. Our four-year-old, who is now living with an extended aunt, has changed into another kid! I'm serious! This kid is soooo different from the one we met over a year ago.

When this little boy arrived, he was depressed, sick, belligerent and unhappy. He got into so many fights at his pre-school and the teachers would often have bruises from his tantrums. He was constantly sick and full of phlegm which made his asthma trouble worse. We had been praying that he would be moved to a positive environment....preferably one that was full of the love of Christ. A couple of months ago, he was moved into an extended aunt's house (who really isn't related to him at all) and we found out that she's a Christian! Not only that, but after just a few short weeks, this little guys WANTS to pray, WANTS to help, WANTS to go to pre-school and has become so polite and kind that I struggle thinking he isn't for real!!!

Yes, he is still four....almost five now, so there are some nutsy behaviors that get to us and we want to run to take cover, BUT, the change in him is so amazing....he's happy, healthy, his eyes light up when you pray and he loves his new home. God is so faithful. He reminds me that God is taking care of each one of our kids and we don't have to worry about their well-being when we leave. It also reminds me that I need to pray for them....Instead of struggling through the next three months of work, I should be taking this opportunity to pray for God's greatest blessings over them and their families.....though I am tired and weak....struggling, I know that when I focus and pray for God's best for these kids, many of the challenges don't seem so impossible and annoying. Maybe.

"Oh, God, forgive me for complaining. Thanks." Be blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it great when we let God, BE GOD? I love that it isn't our responsibility to change people, only to pray for them. Seems so simple, yet prayer tends to be the thing we get bogged down with. Why is it that prayer is so hard? I take that back, prayer isn't hard, it's believing it will work that is difficult. "Lord, I beleive, help my unbelief".

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home