taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

"Turning mourning into dancing......"


Yes, that's Tim and our four-year-old....DANCING! Many of you thought Tim wouldn't and couldn't dance, but here he is.....grooving to "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" with our little one in the living room. Priceless.

What you can't see here is the smile on our four-year-old's face.....he's in heaven. He is an awesome break dancer and finds any excuse to do a spinning headstand. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see him on some stage with flashing lights dancing for a big name rapper or diva....and still serving the Lord with his dance.

This little guy is doing so well...he's still four so he's REALLY annoying, but the change in Him is Christ alone. :)

As I shared before, we've been going through heavy times. It seems that everyone around us is going through it, too. But I started to realize just how many "little blessings" or as my mom calls them: "little kisses on the forehead from the Lord" we were experiencing.

Prayer SOOOOO changes things. The Lord showed me how far we've come and not how far we still need to go....He showed me that the two months without our dear friends, Bob and Sylvia, are almost over.....that this passed weekend with the kids empowered us and didn't drain us....that seeing my parents last week in Washington State was short, but a blessing.......my perspective is changing....it's not fully there yet, but it's coming.

Just that simple reminder of where we've been and how much He has accomplished in us instead of focusing on the overwhelming amount that still needs attention, has begun to give me hope and center my focus. And the Lord did it so gently and quietly. We continue to pray protection for our families and God's best for our friends.....and grace for us. God is good.

Be blessed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He "ain't" finished with us yet!!!
I'm so glad about that. God is so good and all He does is good! I am praising Him for the new perspective He's given me also this week. Maybe the renewing of our minds really is important. He said it, so kust be. I love ya!!
Mom

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home