taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Heavy and full of joy.....


Greetings! Sorry for the delay in posting....it's been pretty nutsy around here. I pray things are peaceful this week for all of you! Tim took this pic and I don't have a reason as to why I posted it....I just like the peaceful feeling it gives. I need a lot of that lately!

I am writing this while sitting in my in-laws' guest bedroom that has now become our home for the next month. They have graciously opened up their home to us despite their crazy schedule and the fact that Tim's granny is coming from Ontario tonight, too! A full house indeed. Our departure date of 7-7-07 is coming quickly!

This passed weekend, we had a benefit concert for our journey along with Chad and Naomi. Despite some mistakes, God showed us mercy and grace with a gift of over $1800. for us and about $2700. for the Bjorgan family. I'd say that's pretty cool. That's our missionary visas right there. It feels as though things are within our reach. God is showing Himself faithful in small and BIG ways....

Tim and I had the amazing opportunity to sing together at church on Sunday, too! For those of you who know me, Tim is a fantastic worship leader and we used to sing together on the worship team before we started working at the group home. Well, since we're outta a job, I get to go to church on Sunday without children so I am freed up to sing on Tim's team and even play saxophone! And you know, God was so there. I loved being able to sing with Tim once again and worship the Lord with a new sense of unity....there was a freshness about it. It felt like our worship to Jesus was flowing out of our marriage...a marriage that has faced many trials and yet, is so strong now. The unity was felt by others, too. We had so many people come up to us and share how they saw the Lord anointing us together during worship and that the presence of God was strong between us.

While I can't say I felt what they felt, I did feel a overwhelming sense of joy and Tim did, too. It was almost as though God was encouraging us and empowering our marriage...taking it to a whole new level. We know we need it in order to survive the next couple of years overseas. Wow, God is good. God is definitely preparing us for the journey in more ways than just the physical. It's been painful at times and yet, the process is more exciting than the future destination. I fully believe that God is taking us (as well as the rest of you) to the next level....urging and encouraging us to walk fearlessly into our destinies. Overcoming fear and insecurity is the hardest part.....but God has been so faithful. I am grateful. Thank you for all your prayers!

Be blessed!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bethany,
I guess I'm not seeing what you see. What is that picture of??? I'm not sure if I should look sideways at it or if it is upside down...

12:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

WOW! It just occurred to me when I read that entry 7-7-07-- you're leaving on the number of perfection! God's sybolic number of completion and purity (or something like that)! THAT is amazing!
He gives us markers, signs, to encourage and keep us on the road.
I miss you!!!! So thankful for all the blessings God is showering on you, and for your faithfulness to bring all your needs before Him in faith. You are such and inspiration!
love you!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home