taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Enjoying precious time with precious lives......






Merry Christmas everyone! I pray your holiday was filled with Christ's joy and peace!

Tim and I had the wonderful opportunity to go visit my
family in Oregon this passed week for Christmas.

It was extra special because we knew this would be our last Christmas together. We also got to hang out with my nephew, Benjamin, and my niece, Grace for three days in a row! What a blessing! Here are a few pics from the few days we had.

There's something very powerful in spending time with children who know Jesus. My niece and nephew are growing up in a Christian home where both parents are completely and helplessly in love with Jesus and it shows in their children.

As I sang Christmas Carols and "Be Patient" and "Silent Night" with Grace, her joy spread throughout the entire room and none of us could bear to keep a straight face. And little Benjamin, with His peaceful spirit and his gentle hugs and touches melted our hearts. What a joy to be with them and experience Jesus in them. I loved their honesty and their purity of heart. They had a desire to serve and to include. Every activity was met with Grace saying, "B, ya wanna play with me?" and "Uncle Fuzz! Come see this!" and "Grma Con! Come sing with me!" and "Papa Jim! Ya want sum cookies?" And baby Ben was always quick to hug and put everything in his mouth!

Even when my best friend, Alissa, came bowling with us Grace and Ben smiled, played and gave kisses and hugs to her! I was blessed. It reminded me of how God is so inclusive and gracious....He invites people into His plans and into His play....His Son brings Him such joy that He cannot wait to share Him with others to bless them. And He has....my prayer is that when Tim and I journey to the Philippines, we will never take advantage of this precious time with such precious lives and that His Son is always close.
Be blessed and have a wonderful New Year!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Bethany, what a good looking family the Lord has given you! I am always blessed by the God-focused if not unusual perspective with which the Lord allows you to view various events in your life. Like your Mom, I too hope that you will be able to continue blogging whilst in the Philippines. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours :)

Love ya sis, N.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home