taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

A New Year, a new focus....



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! It's officially 2007....perhaps the busiest year of my life yet....and probably yours, too!? We had the wonderful opportunity of spending new years time with Tim's family this week.
We got to hold our niece, Justice and our nephew, Micah and play games with the fam. Despite some difficult and emotional circumstances, the weekend was joyful and peaceful. We even managed to fit in another Benefit Tea for the Philippines and keep our group home kids happy and included in all the festivities!

Now back to work. Holidays are over and it's "pedal to the metal" with fundraising and selling the contents of our home. And it's no surprise that just when I need to get things going and the ball a-rolling, that satan kicks me and tries to send me sailing off course. The last two days I have been faced with disturbing dreams and frustrating temptation. I won't tell you details, because I am sure you can relate without me sharing further.

You'd think that now that I have a distinct focus and a clear call, that I should be able to just fix my eyes on Jesus and the goal of our journey and fight the temptation. But no...I am once again humbled by my unmistakable need for my Saviour. Though I feel spirits lurking around every corner ready to pounce on my vulnerable spirit, you'd think it would lead me to crying out for Jesus, but no....my weak spirit does cry out for His help, but my flesh gives in. Then I loathe my flesh once more and cry out for mercy in repentance. What a wretched woman I am! (Romans 7) Paul understood and both his calling and vision were far beyond mine.

I desired to start 2007 off with a clean and pure slate and already the fiery darts have burned holes in my character and tried to cauterize the flow of His Spirit. I am desperate for His washing...His freedom-giving, anti-bacterial soap. "Lord Jesus, I am sorry for not trusting that Your grace is sufficient for me and that You will never allow me to walk in temptation without giving me a way out. (1 Corinthians 10:13) I am sorry for not choosing the way out."

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

This is my prayer.

May the Lord fill you with His Spirit that you may not fall into temptation, in Jesus' Name. Be Blessed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

send some of that anti-bacterial Spirit soap my way! hmmm, come to think of it, He is already near . . .

I love you, dear friend

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take heart, my dear, if the enemy is after you that fast and hard, you are on the right track! He must really feel you're a threat to his plans. It's a good thing.
Continue on.
Mom
P.S. who is the "blog administrator"???

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what I'd like to know too ;)

~N.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

You look fabulous, skinny girl!! I'm so excited for all that is ahead of you.

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home