taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Here we goooooooooo!



Greetings! I'm in Oregon visiting my family, so I apologize for the delay in posting! This is the last time I get to see my side of the family before we head out to Davao! Time is going so fast, I feel like I can't keep up!

But I've been able to spend some fantastic time with my nephew, Ben, and my niece, Grace (pictured here). They are such a blessing to me and I love watching them grow.

I have also had the opportunity to hang out with my sister-in-law, hear my dad preach, go for long walks with my mom, write two book reports for school, visit my mentors and go out for coffee with dear friends. Despite the foreboding feeling of letting go, July 7th feels so far away from now. It's been hard, but very peaceful all at the same time.

God has continued to be faithful, too! We got an e-mail this week telling us that the directors of the clinic in Davao have found us an apartment to live in! PRAISE GOD! What an answer to prayer! It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms, too, so we can have the visitors we have been desiring!

It amazes me how God has answered every need with an abundance. Tim and I are so humbled by His mercy and continued grace. I am floored that such a powerful, omnipotent, and holy God would choose me....call me to serve Him....reminds me of Psalm 8:3-5! "What is man that You are mindful of Him....mere man that You should care for him." The Creator of the universe wants to use ME!?

Wow...that He would call us His children and provide for us like a father....His glory is being revealed daily to us and we are blessed. Thank you all for praying for us as we continue this journey. No doubt the prayers are being heard and God is faithful. We serve a mighty, MIGHTY God. Be blessed!

1 Comments:

Blogger lo said...

Unto Him who is able to do abundantly more that we could ask or imagine!
So looking forward to you guys being here! I can't believe that Chad and Naomi flew today!! I hope these next few weeks are fabulous for you! I will be in Canada again for a quick visit when you arrive... but your bag will be waiting in your freshly cleaned out lovely little apartment! We were talking around the dinner table tonight about this apartment... and saying how we were going to miss it... and imagining the days that are not so long off when by chance we may be invited over to this revamped great little place. We look forward to the days when you can easily call this place home!

5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home