taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Feeling dizzy!


Greetings! Sorry for the delay....things are getting a bit goofy in our world. We just arrived back in Vancouver, BC after almost 12 days in Oregon with my family.

We had an opportunity to say good-bye to friends and family while there and though many tears were shared, the time spent was full of joy.

We even had the opportunity to spend some fantastic time with Gary and Lynn Jones who spent seven years in Davao City caring for the poor with the directors of Mercy Maternity! We had a gas with them and regretted that they would not be there this coming year.

Tim led worship at my parents' church and I got to preach! Seriously! It was the first time that I was given the whole sermon time to preach. What a humbling experience. But God was so faithful and spoke volumes.....to me, too. I even had a few people ask for a copy of it!

We spent almost everyday with my brother and sister-in-law as well as their kids. I have been so amazed at how God has used them to bless me like never before these last few months.

My parents were such a blessing, too. They went out of their way to make sure that we were provided for and that we were having a peaceful stay with them. I loved spending time with them.

Tim's parents then put us up in a B&B on Whidbey Island for a night to regroup and have some 'alone' time as we haven't been 'alone' in over a month! What a peaceful blessing and now, here we are.....back in the disheveled mess of moving.....hence this pic of Grace, my niece, swirling around in my parents' backyard. She wouldn't let me take a picture of her, so I had to chase her. In my chase, I got really dizzy, and now that we're having to get back to working on traveling stuff, I am feeling that whoozy feeling again!

With only 16 days left until we board the plane to Davao, we are busy scheduling bank visits, doctor appointments, and last minute visits with those precious to us. Whew.
God has been so faithful throughout this process and I know I will never be able to thank Him accordingly for His provision, grace, and forgiveness. We haven't always handled everything with peace and trust in the Lord, but our desire is to be a blessing wherever we go and with the help of our Father, even when things get rough, we will be. Many blessings to you all...please keep us and our families in your prayers!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Abraham wasn't perfect in his walk either, but he is praised for his faithfulness and God calls him righteous. I am sure your Daddy in heaven is very proud of you, his precious daughter! Someday you will surely hear, "Well done!"

7:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friend. I just caught up on your blog again. Wow! I am so encouraged by God's faithfulness in your lives, the vision He's giving you, the strength He provides for your steps, and the ways He has totally blessed your marriage.
I love you. I just listened to Amber's songs on MySpace and cried. Sweet memories in my heart of lives shared for a time.

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home