taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"Feeling Phlegm-y" (set to the tune of "Feeling Groovy")

Greetings! (Sorry, Mom, this picture was just too awesome!)

My Mom is awesome...my dearest friend and my confidant and wise counselor....a woman who reflects Christ in every area of her life....or so she desires....except for in this picture!

Yes, this is my Mom....this is my wonderful Mom in a disgusting mask....this is my dear, lovely Mom posing in the mask that she bought from a garage sale.....this is my Mom's mask that she used to scare her granddaughter, Gracie, when she was two! I have to mention that I also used the mask while visiting my parents to surprise Tim when he returned from his getaway with Paso. :) Gross, eh!?

Well, that's a bit how I am feeling as of late. I came down with a nasty fever and the attack of killer phlegm. Deep in my chest is sloppy goo making me cough and sputter. Painful and goopy, I have been sick and yet, God is still being so gracious to me.

We're still staying at my in-laws' place and this passed week was filled with good-byes and blessings.

Tim's dear Aunt Donna and Uncle Hugh treated us to an amazing feast at their house on Saturday....it was to DIE for! The food and the fellowship were such a blessing...they are the blessing.

Then on Sunday, we had our "good-bye" service and we were overwhelmed with the words of encouragement and prophetic words so many spoke over us. Many have been a part of our church family for over 7 years and to have them surrounding us along with many of our new family members was so humbling. Uncle Bob and Aunt Sylvia (whom I have spoken of many times) were there to anoint us with oil and pray a blessing over our marriage and also communicate to us how much our Father delights in us. I cried. A lot. Being sick made it more messy, too.

I think that part of the reason Tim and I feel so safe heading off into the "great unknown" is that we feel so surrounded by our family. Not our biological family, but our adoptive family in Christ. No matter where we go or what we are doing, we are completely surrounded by a "great cloud of witnesses" (Hebrews 12:1) and many who are praying for us. Even Christ is interceding for us before the Father day and night! We cannot fail. I am so grateful for my family.

Thank you for your prayers and your encouragements....we are so humbled at the grace of God in His provision of our dear family. Only 11 days until take off! Please pray our car sells this week! We'll keep you posted! Blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home