taming the tongue

Psalm 139:3-5 : You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my TONGUE you know it completely, O LORD. You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Further Joy and Blessing.....


Greetings! Nine more days until take off! In the meantime, Tim and I are getting lots done and are getting the opportunity to spend some amazing time with friends before we go.

Yesterday I was so honored to go out for lunch with my BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) discussion group ladies. I haven't seen them since early May and while we have spent since last September studying the Bible together, we have never been able to connect outside of the classroom. Until yesterday!

My discussion group is filled with beautiful women from all over the map. Most of them are immigrants from Asia. I am the only "white chick" in the group.....I'm also the only one that cannot speak an Asian language. However, they have accepted me with wide open arms and have taught me so much in Cantonese, English, and Mandarin! I've learned ooodles more about Christ, love, and .....Korean BBQ from these precious ladies.....hence the BBQ pit in the table! I've never been to a restaurant where you buy the food and cook it yourself at your table! They had me trying all kinds of Asian goodies and with the exception of a few slimy things, I loved it all!

What overwhelmed me was their willingness and desire to connect with me before our trip....they remembered to pray for me in the discussion group when I couldn't go anymore....they sent me a beautiful card filled with messages of prayer and hope for the coming year...and even supported me with a donation for the journey. Then they bought me lunch! I was so blessed....and humbled...and grateful for the time that I had getting to know them and their journey to know Christ better.

A few of them even said they would come and visit us on their way back to Hong Kong or Taiwan! God has been so good. I am so thankful for our dear friends. They have shown me God's great care for me.

Be blessed!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lydia said...

Korean BBQ! So good!

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home